In Seattle on the 1st Thursday of the month from 5-8pm, you can visit these museums for FREE! ~image from Seattle-fun.com
- Burke Museum – 4500 15th Ave NE
- Museum of Industry and History – 2700 24th Ave NE
- Seattle Art Museum – 1300 First Ave
- Wing Luke Pacific Asian Experience – 719 S King St.
- Henry Art Gallery – 4100 15th Ave NE (UW)
- NW African American Museum – 2300 S Massachusetts St.
- Sci Fi Museum – 325 5th Ave N
- Museum of Flight – 9404 E Marginal Way S
I have taken my kids to the Art Museum and they are not quite old enough to fully enjoy it yet. So it was a short trip. FREE makes it worth while.
And, if you plan right, you can take an Express Sound Transit bus from the Tacoma Dome station and you don’t have to pay for parking. Each trip will cost approx. $3 see http://www.soundtransit.org
for details (586 will take you to UDistrict and 590’s will take you downtown)