Metro Parks offer great nature walks, lead by a naturalist at various parks throughout the city. These walks are FREE and offered for children over the age of 3 (able to walk on their own). Walks are organized and led by Tacoma Nature Center staff. I’ve taken my children on these walks, and not only are the great exercise for the body, but they are entertaining and full of information too!
For more information: 253-591-6439 or click here
- Jan 21st 10-11am – Center at Norpoint, 4818 Nassau Ave NE
- Jan 28th 10-11am – Wapato Hills Park, 6231 S Wapato St.
- Feb 4th 1-2pm – Oak Tree Park, Cedar and S 74th St.
- Feb 11th 10-11am – Wapato Park
- March 31st 10-11am – Wapato Park
- April 14th 10-11 – Wapato Park
- April 28th 10-11 – Swan Creek Park, 2820 Pioneer Way E
- May 19 10-11am Oak Tree Park