Duck Daze in University Place is on for tomorrow. I can’t believe this event snuck up on me. I went last year because I was working in town and decided to walk around for a bit. The event is well attended and has a great feel of a small town gathering, though people from all around, Steilacoom, UP and Tacoma attend.
- 10am: the Duck Daze Parade
- At the end of the parade, race a duck
- At Homestead Park, attend the City’s largest Treasures in the Park event. People will be selling antiques, crafts and plants. (Ill admit, this was my favorite part last year)
- Fire & Police open house: for those of you who have children who love the people that protect us everyday, this is a great way to look at the trucks, talk to law enforcement, and get fitted for a life jacket or helmet. (Child must be present to fit. $14 for life jackets, $10 for multi-sport and $7 for bike helmets)
- Car show: 9am till the awards ceremony at 2:30
So, pack yourself a picnic and park yourself on Bridgeport Way between 37th and 27th to catch the parade, and follow it to the car show/Treasures in the Park and all kinds of fun!