I’m a huge fan of fashion. Okay, I like to look at pretty things. But, I’m also a bit practical and WHY on earth would I spend a ton of money just to sweat in it? That just doesn’t make sense to me. As practical as I am, I do think there are a few essential items if you are going to be working out that are MUST haves:
- Sports Bra: For women I can’t imagine anything worse than accidentally poking out your eye with your boob as you try to jog on a treadmill. For goodness sake, and for safety, lock those babies down in a sports bra that fits! Go to Nordstrom and get a free bra fitting. Even if they do not carry your size sports bra, I bet WalMart does.
- Shoes: Your feet support the rest of your body and if your feet arn’t happy, then you will not be either. Invest in some quality shoes. Remember, quality does not have to mean $300 pair of shoes. If you buy $300 pair of tennis shoes for working out and sweating in, you’d better be able to afford that lifestyle because if you go to the gym with regularity, you will need 2 pair. Yep, get 2 pair and switch out daily to allow the first pair to air out. This is a must for me, but maybe I just have really stinky feet. Either way, I recommend it.
- Comfortable clothes: you will need clothes you are comfortable in. Nothing worse that seeing someone bent over to tie their shoes and seeing plumbers crack. Only slightly better is seeing someone work out and constantly pull their clothes up. Heck, Im glad to have dropped some poundage myself. But, I don’t want to trip myself in a class because my pants keep falling down.
- Water bottle: you need to stay hydrated and waiting in line at the water fountain just stinks. Instead of buying little disposable water bottles, consider getting a refillable one. There are all kinds out there, just keep your eyes open for the specials. You don’t have to spend a ton of money on anything fancy.
- Hair ties: Im a girl with shoulder length hair. Pulling it out of my face is a must for me. Other people whip their hair about (not sure why it looks uncomfortable) but I think pulling your hair back is essential. Buy some hair ties or head bands or something.
Well, that is it. Not much start up cost involved in getting moving again. Thank goodness, Im cheap and I love a good deal. That also means some of my prior excuses for not exercising just flew right out the window. Pbbth! Bring it!
**Next week expect an update on the contest