I was nominated for Liebster Award by 2 lovely bloggers Pish’s Blog of Loveliness and The Do-Gooder Mama. The Liebster award is an award for blogs with less than 200 followers for the writing. I am honored such a great writers would consider me worthy of such an award. Both Pish’s Blog of Loveliness and The Do-Gooder Mama have great posts from personal excerpts and shorts and The Do-Gooder Mama always has brilliant, freaking brilliant, ideas about to make a positive impact on the world. I was nominated almost 6 weeks ago now by Pish’s Blog of Loveliness, which is a HORRIBLE response time, so for that I apologize and last weekend by The Do-Gooder Mama. Its tax season took its tole and I am just now getting back on my feet. Lately my time seems to run away from me especially since I am supposed to find 11 bloggers to give the award to. And while I follow some pretty amazing blogs, I wanted to be intentional about who I gave the award to. Not to mention, sometimes it is hard to figure out how many followers some of you have! So, if I nominate someone who has more than 200 followers – just know it is because I really enjoy reading your blog and you are fantastic!
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
1. What are your hobbies, other than writing or blogging?
My kids and cooking are definitely passions or hobbies of mine. I am trying to make fitness and health a part of my life as well. Since having my twins 6 years ago, and the ‘baby’ 2 years ago, my weight has ballooned and I need to make a change if I am going to be effective in other areas of my life.
2. If you could be a bird, what kind would you be — and why?
I think I would most like to be a Cardinal or a Blue Jay. They are so colorful and spry. I always see them flitting about. They look so happy.
3. What is your least favorite household chore?
It might be a shorter list to say what I don’t mind doing, haha. I really don’t like doing dishes. I adore cooking, but dishes, blech! It ruins my nails and drys out my hands. By the time the kids are fed, its hard for me to get the energy or will up to wash the dishes, even if its mostly rinsing and loading the dishwasher.
4. Do you prefer typing on the computer or writing long-hand first and then typing?
I prefer typing. I can type faster than I can write and when I write, it’s really more a stream of consciousness. Which is why my grammar and spelling can be so atrocious. I use too many commas and the first draft doesn’t always make sense. So, you can always tell if I am blogging ahead and have time to edit. It actually reads smoother and has less errors. 🙂
5. What is your dream vacation?
Sitting on a beach somewhere with LOTS of sun! Anywhere, really. But I have had a ton of fun in Mazatlan and wouldn’t mind exploring other parts of Mexico or Spain.
6. Do you watch TV, and what’s your favorite show?
I don’t really watch TV. I got rid of cable about 2 years ago and my TV isn’t digital, so it doesn’t pick up any of the local channels on the antennae anymore. Before I stopped watching TV though, Sons of Anarchy was a favorite as was Bones, Burn Notice, reruns of Star-Trek Voyager and Big Bang Theory.
7. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Yes. Depends on the mood. If it is late at night, I will drink decaf or herbal tea. If it is the holidays, I love a good cup of hot chocolate. If it is early in the morning or I need a quick pick-me-up to get over a sleepy spell, I definitely will drink a quick Latte!
8. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
I have so many. I remember the first time my oldest brother took both my little brother and I to a water park. Funky Town was playing on the radio and we had a blast. I also remember receiving a delivery of balloons to my classroom as a 3rd grader for my birthday, that was AWESOME! I remember selling Girl Scout cookies door to door with my mom. And, now that I am a mom, I realize what she was doing – giving up her time, walking in the rain, teaching me invaluable lessons. I also remember riding with my dad on his Harley when I was in high school, and exploring different parts of Europe while I was stationed with my family in Germany during high school.
9. Do you prefer black ink, blue ink, or another color in your pen?
Blue, always blue. As an auditor, I can take a photocopy of an original document, and tell which is which by the color of ink. Hazard of the job, but Ive been known to track down the pens I leave lying about at work.
10. What annoys you the most about blogging and/or life on the internet? (Hopefully, you won’t answer “being nominated for this award”!)
What annoys me most about blogging or life on the internet is how people can be mean to one another. Just because one mom chooses to bottle feed or another mom chooses to breastfeed until the kid is 2, those are choices that work for that family. We need to stop judging and offer advice only when its asked for. People need to stop being so mean.
11. Do you have any phobias?
Im not sure about phobias, but I really don’t like heights or spiders. I am extremely careful to the point of almost annoying at how slow I am when on a ladder. But, I will use a ladder to kill any spider inside my house. *Shudder*
1. What musical artist are you listening to these days?
I’m rotating between Tina Turner, Etta James and Sugarland
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?
I would SO be a cat so I could curl up in a spot of rare NW sun and purrrrr all day long. That and cats are extremely flexible, so much so than I can ever be in real life.
3. What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue?
Where? The sky is blue today? Awesome! (NW joke) Really, I say I will have to google it since I grew up thinking it was a reflection of water or some other dumb thing. But the water around here is kind of steel grey.
4. Favorite Food?
If I’m paying: Pizza and wine or anything made with roast chicken. If it’s on someone else: steak.
5. If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation?
The south of Spain, heck anywhere in Spain, for 6 months. The money part of missing work being covered too, right?!? I spent 6 months there during college and have always wanted to go back.
6. How do you like your eggs?
Gotta be hard scrambled. I can’t handle yolks or soft runny anything, makes me think of a really bad sinus infection. (TMI) but total yuck unless they are scrambled. Sometimes Im such a kid.
7. Favorite Reality TV Show?
I don’t really have a fav reality TV show. We cut off the cable 2 years ago now and my TV is leftover from the college days and doesn’t have a digital converter. So, I guess my fav reality TV show is just my life.
8. What was your very first job?
Other than babysitting, I worked a summer help hiree on base when I lived in Germany during high school. I made myself invaluable to the office admin, who kept me from moving furniture. 🙂
9. What book is on your nightstand right now?
The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni and Dave Ramsey’s Entreleadership
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Blogging – thinking I know what Im doing when Im really just making things up as I go along. And trashy romance novels, but they are on my eReader on my phone, not next to the bed.
11. At what age is your earliest memory?
I remember moving to Washington after my little brother was born. I remember the REAAAAALLLLY long drive from Arkansas and asking my dad a lot of questions about the house. How big was it? Did it have stairs? When what I really wanted to know was if I was going to get my own room. I was almost 3; I didn’t get my own room. I was also very disappointed he told me there were stairs when it was 1 step up to the house.
My 11 Random Facts:
- I love green M&Ms, peanut or peanut butter
- I really enjoy a glass of red wine at night.
- My guilty pleasure in the evening is to read a romance novel with a glass of wine. Or, hitting snooze a million times before I can’t possibly be any later in the morning.
- As a kid I used to dream of being a singer or dancer on stage, but was always too shy to actually perform in front of people.
- Now, I really enjoy an evening of Karaoke
- I have 3 wonderful boys but wouldn’t mind having a little girl one day. I NEED to buy patent red leather shoes for a toddler.
- I was not a great teen to my mom, but I think my mom and I have gotten through that.
- I have lived in Europe twice. Once while in high school while my dad was stationed in Germany and once in Spain while in college.
- I have 4 brothers and am the only girl in my family. All our names begin with ‘L’.
- My favorite girly indulgence is a pedicure
- I have a weakness for great shoes, but love to be barefoot as much as possible.
Here are my nominees for the award. This was the hardest part of the entire post. You will notice that I haven’t listed 11 blogs, but a bit more in a way to nod towards the two awards. If I follow you, I most likely think you are great, but probably WAY out of league with your awesomeness for this award that is supposed to be limited to blogs with 200 or less followers. If you have millions of followers but Ive nominated you anyway, hey its an award accept it graciously because yes, you are awesome. (In no particular order)
- Sunny Sleevez
- Keep ’em Busy
- The Two Boys Club
- Pocketful of Joules
- Tacoma Mom Blog
- The Pledge of Kindness
- Who Needs a Cape
- Moore Organized Mayhem
- My Mommy Mishaps
- Free Little Words
- Seattle Pockets
- Life Beyond the Picket Fence
- Emerald City Kids
My questions to my nominiees:
I hope you accept and pass on the award because it was really hard/fun thing to do. I’ve had to be intentional, learn more about the WordPress interface by searching down all these marvelous people because you are worth it.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What was your favorite time with your bestie?
- What was your an embarrassing/awkward moment that you laugh about now?
- If you were to win the $300 gazillion-dollar lottery, what would be the first 3 things you would do?
- What sport do you watch? (Yes bowling and golf are sports – just ask ESPN)
- Cat or Dog person?
- What is your special talent?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- Can’t leave my house without _____?
- Ketchup, mustard or ____?
- If you were a super hero, what would your name be and what would your powers be?