Well, the big news is of course the SPRING FAIR. Locals and people know about the Puyallup fair, well the Spring Fair is smaller, not as many rides or animals or people. Its perfect. I like to take my kids to the Spring Fair vs the Puyallup because there is just enough stuff to do without overwhelming them or without completely breaking the bank. My friend Meagan from SoundsFunMom.com has a great list of ways to do the fair for a really reasonable price!
Sat April 20th , ages 8 and up:
Celebrate Earth Day, Arbor Day, National Parks Week and your local parks in one fun event.
It’s gratifying to know you are part of a major county-wide effort with nearly 2,000 other people working in their local parks at the same time.
WHAT IS IT?
- Parks and recreation programs bring tremendous benefits to people of all ages and our community.
- They contribute to helping us live longer, better lives through active pursuits, new life skills, educational programs and safe activities.
- Great parks and programs also help build a stronger community, connecting individuals, families and groups through the power of play.
- Recreation programs and engaging, exciting facilities help keep kids active and off the streets. There are also benefits for the environment and the economy.
WHEN AND WHERE IS IT?
- April 20, 2013 will be the 12th Year of the Event
- County-wide throughout Pierce County (find a site)
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Wear warm, appropriate clothing, depending on the weather.
- Bring tools such as small hand tools, loppers, pruners, gloves, rakes, shovels, small pitch forks and even wheelbarrows (make sure and label them!).
- You are encouraged to carpool to the site you chose.
- Most of all bring your enthusiasm, smiles and be ready to burn some calories and have fun!
The Grand Theater is showing Dispicable Me on Saturday April 20th at 9:30. (Hint: The Grand has some of the BEST popcorn!!)
Sunday April 21st from 12-4pm. Fun art activities, demonstrations, and performances for the whole family! Plus, free admission to the galleries. Ages 4 – 12.
Sunday April 21st 3-5pm at Phinney Neighborhood Community Center I love dancing with my boys. Granted they dance like Elaine from Seinfeld, but we all have a good time and it is great exercise. Ive never been to this event, I just heard of it. But hey, it looks like a blast! So if you go, let me know! $6/person and $18/family – not a bad way to spend an evening with music and dancing with the kids!